Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Gun With Occasional Music Blog #1

This story by Jonathan Lethem takes place in a different futuristic realm, where animals can talk and babies can skip the growing process right to adulthood, they are known as "baby heads." There are different drugs such as forgetall and acceptall and life is just done all together differently. The main character is Conrad Metcalf who is a tough private inquisitor. His job is basically a detective who helps people in trouble with debt and karma. Everyone in that day and age has karma and if you run out you are in big trouble. You are taken away and just disappear from life. Signifying death I am sure but I have not read enough to fully answer that question. If i had to make a guess on what happens to them my guess would be that they are put to death. Possibly humanely or not, by the way this book is going anything could happen. It is clearly fictional but that is completely fine with me because I really enjoy reading books along these lines. Nerdy science fiction books that strecth the mental limits of what we know as possible and impossible. This books has made me think about the aspects of life we have not even touched into yet. What awaits the world and how are things going to change are two questions I am most likely never going to know the answer to. So whatever happens happens I guess. Should I be concerned for my future children or should I just not care because it won't affect me in anyway. Either way its an interesting topic that no one on this living Earth will ever truley know unless they have figured out a way to time tracel which I highly doubt, but hey this book has taught me so far that through imagination anything could be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment